What you can learn from Google Analytics:
- Identify pages on your website that are visited most frequently. This will help you target the pages that need to be updated first.
- View type of traffic coming into your website. It is important to have a good balance between organic, referral and paid traffic.
- See the keywords that are driving the most traffic to your site.
- Identify engagement on your site. Are visitors leaving within 10 seconds or do they stay longer?
- Determine visitor path once they enter the site. For example, if they land on the home page, where do they travel next? Are they taking the path you want them to?
What you can learn from Webmaster tools :
- Submit your xml sitemap and robots.txt file. All websites should include these files because they help the search engines access your website and index your pages.
- View all of the keyword search queries and number of impressions your site receives plus the click through rate of that query. Also shows your average position in the search engine results.
- Get details of all sites that link to you (through Google’s eyes) and your most linked to pages.
Did I mention that all of this is FREE? If you need help getting started with your analytics account, contact us today and we can help.