Local search ranking within the “place” or “maps” results can be difficult for many businesses and it’s no use chasing your tail over. Google’s priority is to serve the most relevant business as it relates to your location and as it relates to their determination of authority.
Above all, follow the Google Place Page guidelines and make sure you use a business account email versus your own personal email or google account for set up.
- Claiming and verifying your account with a PIN number via a phone call or mailed letter.
- Use your real business name and address, phone and do not use extra keywords.
- Use the Google provided categories first and then add your own if you cannot find any other relevant choices.
- Complete your profile by adding photos, video and additional information to help visitors.
- Encourage Google reviews as this can be a sign of authority and they appear within the results.
- Embed the Google provided map onto your contact page to provide your visitors with interactive mapping and direction assistance.