Website analytics is a way to collect, measure, and then analyze how people are interacting with your website. It is a tool for business research and market research, and to assess and improve the effectiveness of your web site. It helps you to estimate how or if you should make changes to your website. It gives you fresh insights into how visitors use your site, how they arrived on your site, and how you can keep them coming back.
Here are things it tells you about your site:
- Visits per day, month, year
- Pages that a person clicked on
- Pages no one looks at
- The path they take as they go from page to page
- Geographical locations the visits are coming from
- Amount of time they stay on your website
- Words that they type in a search engine to find your website
- Number of downloads
- How many times was the video played or is it not being played at all
- Social Media impact is measured
- Whether the radio campaign directed at your website traffic increased
You can use this information to:
- Make changes to pages and measure if it increases the time spent on the site
- Optimize your site for keywords
- Add new pages based on keywords
- Change your social media strategy to attract more likes or +1’s
- Delete pages or downloads no one is interacting with
- Make changes and measure website visitors converting to contacts to call
Do you have analytics programmed into your web site?
If you don’t, contact us here and we will program it in for free. Google Analytics is the one we use and it’s free as well.
If you have analytics, but never looked at it or understand it, Click Here or give us a call and we’ll go through it and teach you what it shows.